InformixDan InformixDan is offline
Junior Member

Question Inserting Page Breaks into a non-word created document

Are there any scripts, or a way for me to insert page breaks into a non-word created document based on a pattern or page lines ?

What I am trying to do is print out a report from a database, and to tell Word when to start a new page after each record. The report is really too large to manually go in, and insert the page breaks myself. I was wondering if someone knew of an easier way to accomplish this ?

Last edited by InformixDan : August 1st 05 at 08:58 PM Reason: Corrected Title
Doug Robbins

If you can explain how a new record would be identified, it would be
possible. Are you sure however that the report in the database cannot be
designed to insert the page break automatically.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"InformixDan" wrote in message

Are there any scripts, or a way for me to insert page breaks into a
non-word created document based on a pattern or page lines ?

What I am trying to do is print out a report from a database, and to
tell Word when to start a new page after each record. The report is
really too large to manually go in, and insert the page breaks myself.
I was wondering if someone knew of an easier way to accomplish this ?

--
InformixDan

PopS

I keep coming across this same post on several groups:
It's bad form to post separately to multiple groups.
Instead use cross-posting, and indicate in the text
that you have done so. Then an anwer in one group
shows in all the groups and those reading don't have to
keep seeing the same new message over and over when
it's not new.
Just put the address for all of the groups you want
to pose to in the box, separated by commas or ";".

Pop

"InformixDan"
wrote in message

Are there any scripts, or a way for me to insert page
breaks into a
non-word created document based on a pattern or page
lines ?

What I am trying to do is print out a report from a
database, and to
tell Word when to start a new page after each record.
The report is
really too large to manually go in, and insert the
page breaks myself.
I was wondering if someone knew of an easier way to
accomplish this ?

--
InformixDan

InformixDan InformixDan is offline
Junior Member

Thanks Doug for responding. Will Word recognize a page break from another report ? I was under the impression it had to be created in Word. Hmm...maybe I'm approaching this from the wrong angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins