Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ski Club Ski Club is offline

Default How do I get my invoice mailmerge to pagebreak by invoice #?

I am using Excell 2003 and Word 2003. Each row of my Excel inventory
includes a field called "SellerID" which we use as the invoice number. It is
created from the first three characters of the seller's last name, then a
hypen, then the last four digits of the seller's phone number. Example: for
John Smith at 231-456-7890 it is SMI-7890. Each row in the Excel inventory
sheet is an item: Row 1 is a pair of skis, row 2 is a snowboard, etc. On
the template from Office Online for Word(Service Invoice, Sales Invoice/Blue
Gradient Design for Word 2000 or Later with 4 stars, 32610 votes), every row
after the first has "Nextrecord" before the mergefield "ITEM." When I put
the Seller ID as the mergefield "invoice number," I still get other sellers'
inventory on the same page as the SELLER ID printed; my invoice is just
printing all sequential rows from the inventory, independent of the seller's
ID number. In a nutshell, the invoice is not page breaking by Invoice number.
I know I'm probably missing something easy, but I've wracked my brain for
hours. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following website

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

or take a look at the tutorial on this, with working field codes and a
sample Excel data source, that was created by fellow MVP, Macropod at:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=731107

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ski Club" Ski Club @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
[...]

Mailmerge multiple lines (invoice etc) Andrew Kennard Mailmerge 2 December 19th 06 07:00 PM
i need a invoice for a labour minus tax invoice anthonybe Microsoft Word Help 0 May 2nd 06 05:21 PM
Invoice Bill Ridgeway New Users 1 October 27th 05 04:25 PM
Why will the invoice not print, only the word invoice blessed84 Microsoft Word Help 1 July 27th 05 01:26 PM
Invoice Template with Autoupdate for Invoice Number Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 10th 04 08:13 PM