Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
singeredel singeredel is offline

Default Uninstall Office Sm. Bus. 2007 and reinstall Office 2003

I cannot tolerate Word 2007 any longer on my new computer with Vista because
I had so many customized menus and VBA programming/forms in Word 2003. I had
to use the Word 2003 normal.dot template in Word 2007, which ran in
"compatibility mode" or some such thing. I couldn't even create a new
form/programming in Word 2007 because it was using the old Word 2003 normal
template and it would not allow me to. I also could not revise any of my
customized menus which now appear as "Add-Ins".

Therefore, I have decided I want to uninstall Word 2007 (and leave the rest
of Office 2007) on the Vista computer and reinstall just Word 2003. Is this
possible?

Also, since my version of Office 2003 is an "upgrade", I have to install
Office XP first(hopefully just Word XP?) and then install Word (or Office?)
2003. Are there any instructions I should be aware of in order to get Word
2003 installed and running on Vista?

I hope this makes sense. I really only want to install Word 2003 and leave
the rest of Office 2007 alone, but if this is not possible or a good thing to
do, I can uninstall all of Office 2007 and reinstall Office 2003, but first I
would have to install Office XP.

Thanks for any help or advice!

--
singeredel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi singeredel,

You don't have to install the qualifying product for your Office 2003 upgrade as long as you have the CD handy when you do the
install. You also don't have to uninstall Word 2007 to use Word 2003, but this article may help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us?FR=1
"singeredel" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP