Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Default Style / Style Type: Table

Is it possible to create a new Style (Style Type: Table) where the left
column is left justified and the right column is right justified?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, you can do this in both W2003 and W2007.

PamC

Donna wrote:
Is it possible to create a new Style (Style Type: Table) where the left
column is left justified and the right column is right justified?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Hi Pam. Can you please explain or tell me where to find the information
I sincerely appreciate your help!

Donna wrote:
Is it possible to create a new Style (Style Type: Table) where the left
column is left justified and the right column is right justified?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, I can. Sorry for the delay. I was working.

With the cursor in a table, create and name a new table style based on table
grid. In the Create new style from formatting dialog, choose First column
(Left column in W2003) and select one of the Left align icons (with top,
center, or vertical alignment). The choose Last column (Right column in
W2003) and select one of the Right align icons (with top, center, or vertical
alignment).

If you prefer to avoid the align icons, use the format paragraph dialog
(Format Paragraph Alignment while still in the Create new style from
formatting dialog) and then choose left or right from the dropdown list as
appropriate.

You can apply the style by selecting the whole table and applying your new
style ---from the styles pane in W2003 and from the table gallery on the
table design ribbon in W2007.

So you see it is possible. This style work very well if you have lots of
tables that are all very similar.

But setting font characteristics in a table style can lead to unexpected
results in the table when you apply other formatting--either manually or
through styles. Because of this I prefer to use table style settings for the
grid, shading, internal margins (padding), banding, and such; I use
paragraph styles for table text; and I manually format column alignments.
Table styles are very powerful and can be a great time saver. But you'll
need to figure out the best features to use for your documents.

HTH,
PamC

Donna wrote:
Hi Pam. Can you please explain or tell me where to find the information
I sincerely appreciate your help!

Yes, you can do this in both W2003 and W2007.

PamC

Is it possible to create a new Style (Style Type: Table) where the left
column is left justified and the right column is right justified?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

Donna wrote:
Thank you for your excellent help!

Yes, I can. Sorry for the delay. I was working.

[quoted text clipped - 37 lines]
Is it possible to create a new Style (Style Type: Table) where the left
column is left justified and the right column is right justified?

Table style with paragraph style stman Microsoft Word Help 4 April 29th 08 06:32 PM
Assign specific text style to table style erik_gregory Microsoft Word Help 1 February 19th 08 10:52 AM
Table type style Donna Tables 1 March 5th 07 09:03 AM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 2nd 05 12:29 AM
Can I assign a text style to a table style? Mary Lee Tables 4 November 11th 05 02:10 PM