Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default Urgent: subheads in TOF

I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

But I'm talking about the Table ofFigures, not the TOC
and the Groups are already in the TOC portion. Thank you!
--
Janet A.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Janet A. Thompson wrote:
But I'm talking about the Table ofFigures, not the TOC
and the Groups are already in the TOC portion. Thank you!
You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
etc.
How?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You won't be able to use a Table of Figures for this type of layout, as a
TOF can pick up only one style or one type of caption. You'll need to use a
TOC instead. You can have as many TOCs as you want.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be
automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

ok. So, I'll use a different table identifier AND
for the Table style itself I'd have to link it to Heading 1, 2, 3, or 4?
I'll try it.
--
Janet A.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be
automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can include any style you like in a TOC; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm. You can also map any given
style to any level you like.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be
automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in
message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Worked great. Thanks
--
Janet A.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to map Heading 1 to Level 1 of the TOC (that will be
automatic)
and the table caption style to Level 2.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in
message
I have a report with 40 tables that within the List of Tables I want
grouped
under the names Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D. These names
happen
to be styled with Heading 1 in the report.

List of Tables
Group A
Table 1
Table 2
Group B
Table 3
Table 4
etc.
How?
--
Janet A.

urgent hashmi Microsoft Word Help 3 September 26th 08 04:01 AM
URGENT URGENT - Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Tables 4 August 1st 07 01:32 PM
URGENT URGENT - Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Page Layout 4 August 1st 07 01:32 PM
Urgent! Mona R. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 06 03:36 PM
How to make subheads italic, but not italic in TOC? Kate Microsoft Word Help 7 April 4th 05 12:07 AM