Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bgold bgold is offline

Default how to permanently get rid of markup lines on word 2007 documents

I have red markup lines on my resume that I created and saved in Word 2007
in the capatibility mode(word 97-2003). I have clicked on the office button,
clicked on word options and went to the display section. I made sure that the
line that says "show all formating marks" has no tick mark in front of it. I
clicked "ok". The saved document still has the red formating lines on it. I
am trying to up load the resume to an employer and don't want the red lines
showing. If anyone has a solution, please help.
--
bteddybear
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

bgold wrote:
I have red markup lines on my resume that I created and saved in Word
2007 in the capatibility mode(word 97-2003). I have clicked on the
office button, clicked on word options and went to the display
section. I made sure that the line that says "show all formating
marks" has no tick mark in front of it. I clicked "ok". The saved
document still has the red formating lines on it. I am trying to up
load the resume to an employer and don't want the red lines showing.
If anyone has a solution, please help.

First, what you're seeing is Track Changes markup, which is completely
different from formatting marks. Second, when you set the display to not
show markup (which you could do), that only hides the markup, and it's still
there for everyone else to see.

You must *remove* the markup, by either accepting or rejecting each change
(or all of them together). See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...l#AcceptReject.

--
Regards,