tebdom

Default bottom of page margin

I have margins set to 1" all around in Word 2003. Also using footer set at
..5 from the bottom margin. Using Heading 1, 2 & 3 and the normal styles.
The page is not printing to the bottom of the margin - approx 2 1/2 from the
bottom. I even tried setting the bottom margin to 0 - still prints high up
on the bottom.

Checked the vertical spacing of the page & it starts at the Top. Also using
justified for the text.
Greg Maxey

Have you had a look and tried the remedies he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...sDontPrint.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

tebdom wrote:
I have margins set to 1" all around in Word 2003. Also using footer
set at .5 from the bottom margin. Using Heading 1, 2 & 3 and the
normal styles. The page is not printing to the bottom of the margin -
approx 2 1/2 from the bottom. I even tried setting the bottom margin
to 0 - still prints high up on the bottom.

Checked the vertical spacing of the page & it starts at the Top.
Also using justified for the text.

Is it 2.5" or 2.67"? If the latter, and if this is an HP LaserJet, the
problem could be with the driver. There is a known conflict between Word
2002/2003 and the HP drivers for some LaserJets that results in a 2.67"
margin on the trailing edge. Restarting Word or Windows sometimes clears the
problem temporarily, and switching to a Windows driver is a solution, but
some functionality may be lost. Many users have reported that the drivers at
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html solve the problem.