Envy@WriteMe

Default My document is 120 pages. I want the page numbering on 1-90 only .

My document is 120 pages total, but I don't want pages 91-120 to have any
page numbering. And, I want the page numbering on 1-90 to say Page X of 90,
and to automatically update if I roll to 91 or 92 pages. Right now, the only
way I know how to do this is to manually type in the number of pages. Is it
possible to do this automatically?
Greg

Yes it is.

Put a section break "Next page" after the last bit of current text on
page 90.
Show the header and footer view. Put your cursor in the section 1
header or footer where you want page numbers to appear. Click the
Format Page Number icon and define your setup.
Put your cursor where you want the numbering to appear:
Type: Page PAGE of NUMPAGES
Select PAGE and press CTRL+F9
Select NUMPAGES and press CTRL+F9
Press CTRL+a then ALT+F9 (toggles field codes)

Put your cursor in the section 2 header footer. Click the Same as
Previous/Ling to previous (version dependent) icon to unlink section 2
from section 1. Delete the page number in section 2.

You should be there.

You'll need a section break after page 90 (or whatever). Remove the
numbering from Section 2 (after unlinking the header/footer) and use the
SectionPages field instead of NumPages for the Y in Page X of Y. For more,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm