Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mark Mark is offline

Default Mail Merge field not displayed correctly

Hi,

I am trying to do a mail merge from an excel sheet which has the data .
The field which i have the problem is percentage field instead of displaying
1.30% it shows the following 1.3000000000000001E-2
I tried all the combinations of field formatting but was unable to get it
corrected .I have made sure the field in excel is in percentage.

Please help

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Mark,

In Word, add a formula and numeric picture switch to the mergefield. To do this:
.. select your mergefield, which will look something like «Percent»;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to wrap another field around it, thus - { «Percent» };
.. edit the field so that you get {=«Percent»*100 \# 0.00%};
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

Note: the precision of the displayed value is controilled by the '0.00'. You can use anything from '0' to '0.000000000000000'.

--
Cheers
macropod