Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NJsecty NJsecty is offline

Default Is it possible to convert Word into separate PDF pages?

If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to convert
them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so each of the letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual addressee. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you have Acrobat, yes. If you don't, probably not. If you are using
Word's add-in, no.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"NJsecty" wrote in message
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to convert
them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so each of the
letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual addressee.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

In Acrobat, Document, Extract Pages, check box Extract Pages as Separate Files.
You will get 50 files, titled like Page 3 of old file name.
I have come across some instructions that can do the split at the merge
stage and get a more pertinent file name to boot. Unfortunately I don't have
the information at my finger tips, I shall find it in the morning.
This splits the merge and create the 50 separate Word files, which can then
be block converted into PDF files, this is another function in Acrobat.
Speak to you in the morning.
DeanH

"NJsecty" wrote in message
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to convert
them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so each of the
letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual addressee.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I am talking about Acrobat and not the free Reader.

For help with using Acrobat, try the Help file first and if that doesn't
work, there are several excellent newsgroups for Adobe products.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"NJsecty" wrote in message
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to
convert
them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so each of the
letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual addressee.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can do it with the PDF add-in also. You can set which page(s) to include
in the PDF from the options on the save as PDF dialog
however by far the simplest way to do this is to use the Splitmerge add-in
developed by Doug Robbins and myself which will merge the files to
individual PDFs - http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm . You
will need either the full version of Acrobat or the Word 2007 PDF add-in
installed for this to work.

Recent versions of Acrobat - certainly version 8 onwards - have an option to
merge as PDF directly to e-mail if the e-mail address is in the data file.

"NJsecty" wrote in message
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to
convert them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so
each of the letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual
addressee. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Many thanks Graham, This is the one that I was thinking about, which I have
used many times.
Ciao
DeanH

"NJsecty" wrote in message
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to
convert them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? I.e. so
each of the letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual
addressee. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

On Jul 3, 2:19*am, NJsecty wrote:
If I do a mail merge, say I end up with 50 letters, and I want to convert
them to INDIVIDUAL PDF pages, is that possible? *I.e. so each of the letters
is a separate PDF that I could then email to the individual addressee. *Any
suggestions?

Get Paperport and after you print the merged file to Paperport you
select UNSTACK and that will do it if you have single page form
letters - don't know of any way with multipage letters though
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See Graham Mayor's response to this question. The add-in that he mentions
can handle multipage letters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.