Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebWalker WebWalker is offline

Default line spacing vs paragraph spacing

I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebWalker WebWalker is offline

One way I've worked around is to set enter/paragraph key to 0 spacing before
& after & single line. Then it's press once for line & twice for paragraph.

"WebWalker" wrote:

I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Suzanne wrote in her reply, Shift+Enter can be used to insert a line
break within a paragraph.

On the other hand, if you are saying that you normally press Enter twice to
add spacing between paragraphs, you may want to rethink the strategy... It
will be easier to specify some Spacing Before (or After) in the paragraph
style that you are using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebWalker" wrote in message
I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as
if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hard to tell, but I *think* he was saying he *is* using Spacing Before/After
and occasionally needs to override it. But I would think that if someone
wanted to set off a short sentence, it would be more effective to put it in
its own paragraph.

Like this.

http://word.mvps.org

"WebWalker" wrote in message
I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter
carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as
if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Be aware thought that if you use Shift+Enter in a paragraph for which the
alignment is set to justified, the words on the line that is terminated by
the use of Shift+Enter will spread themselves out across the whole width
between the margins. To prevent that from happening, you will need to use
Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar instead of just the Spacebar between each of the words
on such a line.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"WebWalker" wrote:

I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points
by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter
carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as
if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Alternatively, if you end the line with a tab character before the line
break, it will not be justified.

http://word.mvps.org

"WebWalker" wrote:

I understand paragraph spacing. When i write I like to delineate points
by
using short sentences within a paragraph. Like the old typewriter
carriage
return - 1 for line, two for paragraph.
So how do i set up a line return key so it maintains the same spacing as
if
word automatically wrapped?
I'm using 2007.
thanks