Kim

Default How can I make a watermark fill an entire page (with no border) (W

I'm trying to use a photo as a background but don't want a white border for
the forced margins -- how can I fix this?

Thanks!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I make a watermark fill an entire page (with no border) (W

  1. To make a watermark fill an entire page with no border in Microsoft Word:
  2. Insert your photo as a watermark by going to the "Design" tab, clicking on "Watermark," and selecting "Custom Watermark."
  3. In the "Custom Watermark" window, select "Picture watermark" and click on the "Select Picture" button.
  4. Choose the photo you want to use as your background and click "Insert."
  5. Make sure the "Washout" option is selected to make the photo appear as a watermark.
  6. Click on the "Size" dropdown menu and select "Stretch" to make the photo fill the entire page.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the watermark to your document.

To remove the white border caused by forced margins, you can adjust the page margins to match the size of your photo. Here's how:
  1. To adjust the page margins:
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Margins."
  3. Select "Custom Margins" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window, set the top, bottom, left, and right margins to 0.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the new margins to your document.

That's it! Your photo should now fill the entire page with no white border.
__________________
Pat Garard

G'Day Kim,

You have TRIED:
FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark ...

When you have the Watermark, double-click the Header
(ViewHeader and Footer).

Click the Watermark (to select it) and drag the resize handles
so that it fills the page.

Now Word CAN print it exactly as you have arranged it, BUT
your PRINTER probably can NOT (Print preview)!!

The 'forced margins' are a Printer limitation, unrelated to Word.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Kim" wrote in message
I'm trying to use a photo as a background but don't want a white border
for
the forced margins -- how can I fix this?

Thanks!

Graham Mayor

Very few printers will print to the edge of the page. Word will only print
what the printer driver will allow it to.