john gibb

Default hyperlinks broken after converting to PDF from Word 2003

Hi,

I have tried several Word 2 PDF converters, including Adobe's 'Print PDF'
print driver and I can't get the hyperlinks for, say the Table of Contents,
to work in the resultant PDF file.

I have Acrobat 6 at my disposal but that requires an intermediate step:

first convert Word to Postscript

that I would like to avoid.

Can anyone suggest a local*, bullet-proof solution for going from Word to
PDF while preserving the hyperlinks?

thanks,

-john

*Adobe offers a $10/month solution that uses a 'tagged' Word-2-PDF
conversion that i don't quite understand, but I would rather do this all
locally if possible.

Graham Mayor

With Acrobat, you have to use the add-in macros to set options and create
the pdf - and Acrobat 6 doesn't 'require' you to create a postscript output
first. Merel 'printing' to the Adobe driver doesn't cut it.

john gibb wrote:
Hi,

I have tried several Word 2 PDF converters, including Adobe's 'Print
PDF' print driver and I can't get the hyperlinks for, say the Table
of Contents, to work in the resultant PDF file.

I have Acrobat 6 at my disposal but that requires an intermediate
step:

first convert Word to Postscript

that I would like to avoid.

Can anyone suggest a local*, bullet-proof solution for going from
Word to PDF while preserving the hyperlinks?

thanks,

-john

*Adobe offers a $10/month solution that uses a 'tagged' Word-2-PDF
conversion that i don't quite understand, but I would rather do this
all locally if possible.

jay m

if you want a local option that directly creates hyperlinks and so
forth-
Run OpenOffice!
Free download, good compat with Wurd, etc.
www.openoffice.org
about 58 meg, free for anything you want to use it for.
have fun!
Jay