echo

Default Lines don't close up

I'm using Word Perfect 12 Microsoft Mode.

I'm typing a paper. Originally, I double-spaced the lines. Later, I
single-spaced some other lines.
Now I want to close up the double-space lines but the blinking cursor
won't go between them, or if I backspace a line it won't close up to the
line above it.
Is there any way to close up the double-space lines, which seem to be
subject to computer mind control?

Stefan Blom

Try a WordPerfect newsgroup. This one is for Word, so you are less
likely to get a correct answer here!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"echo" wrote in message
I'm using Word Perfect 12 Microsoft Mode.

I'm typing a paper. Originally, I double-spaced the lines. Later,

single-spaced some other lines.
Now I want to close up the double-space lines but the blinking

cursor
won't go between them, or if I backspace a line it won't close up to

the
line above it.
Is there any way to close up the double-space lines, which seem

to be
subject to computer mind control?

Kathy

I would guess:

Select the paragraphs you want to change. Then Format, Line spacing, and
set it to 1.

But I haven't used WordPerfect since 5.1 for DOS

Kathy

"echo" wrote in message
I'm using Word Perfect 12 Microsoft Mode.

I'm typing a paper. Originally, I double-spaced the lines. Later, I
single-spaced some other lines.
Now I want to close up the double-space lines but the blinking cursor
won't go between them, or if I backspace a line it won't close up to the
line above it.
Is there any way to close up the double-space lines, which seem to be
subject to computer mind control?

echo

"Kathy" wrote in message
I would guess:

Select the paragraphs you want to change. Then Format, Line spacing, and
set it to 1.

But I haven't used WordPerfect since 5.1 for DOS

Kathy

Thanks. I couldn't find a Word Perfecdt newsgroup. I checked out your
suggestion, but when I hit Paragraphs under my Format Bar, it only lets me
change the indentation. There is nothing about lines. Weird!