Paul

Default Microsoft Word 2003 Problem

Hi all...Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my
hair out.

O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page
biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. When they
receive it, they will open it up on their computer and fill it out using
their computer. This doc has about 75 questions ranging from name and
address to name of last job's supervisor etc. After each question I made a
line they can type their answer on. I created the line by holding down the
Ctrl key and then holding down the "minus" key until the line was long
enough. The problem is this..when they click onto the line and start to
type, the line disappears. There are over 75 places where these questions
are asked and I have placed these "lines". Is there any way I can easily
fix this or do I have to do it all over again? I can't tell you how many
times over the years I have received this type of form in an e-mail and when
I opened it I just clicked on the line and typed in the answer and then
clicked or tabbed on the next line and typed that answer and the line never
moved or disappeared. I have already been to the following websites which
weren't much help. word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms and
word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Doug Robbins

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Paul

Paul wrote:
[...]

Those articles you mention should be _the_ help on the subject of how
you should've proceded in the first place. It's really hard to say which
is the best path now without taking a look at the said document.

My first try would be something like this: Setup a "line" in the manner
that you like best (from the articles), then copy such a line to the
clipboard (CTRL-C), and use Edit | Replace to search for your lines and
replace them with the clipboard content. That would be:

Search: "__________" (your old line, w/o the '"'; that was probably the
SHIFT key with -, not CTRL, right?)

Replace: "^c" (again w/o the '"')

Greetinx