Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dew

Default EditRedoOrRepeat Command

My EditRedoOrRepat command is broke! Usually I can F4 and it will repeat
whatever my most recent comamnd was, say indent a paragraph. Now when I hit
F4 it does a Close Document and asks me to save the document, as if I am
pressing Alt F4 instead. But my alt key is not stuck, and I even tried to
set the command to another key, and I get the same response, as if I'm
hitting the Alt button when whatever key I have chosen. Any ideas? I've
already tried to reset the keyboard, but no luck, as I said, it's not the
keyboard, it's the command. I have no macros in the templates or startup
directories.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

What makes you so sure the Alt key (or one of the Alt keys, depending on
your keyboard) isn't stuck when everything you describe suggests that it is?
Do you get the same symptoms outside Word?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"dew" wrote in message
My EditRedoOrRepat command is broke! Usually I can F4 and it will repeat
whatever my most recent comamnd was, say indent a paragraph. Now when I

hit
F4 it does a Close Document and asks me to save the document, as if I am
pressing Alt F4 instead. But my alt key is not stuck, and I even tried to
set the command to another key, and I get the same response, as if I'm
hitting the Alt button when whatever key I have chosen. Any ideas? I've
already tried to reset the keyboard, but no luck, as I said, it's not the
keyboard, it's the command. I have no macros in the templates or startup
directories.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Check Tools | Customize | Keyboard and make sure the F4 key is correctly
assigned. As Tony says, it could be that the Alt key is sticking, but I
think you would surely see plenty of other problematic results from that!
Another possibility is that you have one of the WordPerfect options enabled
on the General tab of Tools | Options; these alter the behavior of a number
of shortcut keys.