Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
z3365

Default Different line spacing in the same paragraph

Is it possible to have different line spacing in the same paragraph?

I have a paragraph of 8 lines that is formatted to a double space and I want
3 lines to have 1 space only.

Is this possible at all?

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

No, you can only have one line spacing in the paragraph.

If the text is not going to change, you could use Advance fields to vary the
vertical spacing.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"z3365" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different line spacing in the same paragraph?

I have a paragraph of 8 lines that is formatted to a double space and I
want
3 lines to have 1 space only.

Is this possible at all?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

It's pretty cludgy, but you could do it by formatting the paragraph as
single space, then in the double-space lines insert a |, formatted at twice
the font size, and white. But for that much trouble, it's probably easier to
use two paragraphs.

"z3365" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different line spacing in the same paragraph?

I have a paragraph of 8 lines that is formatted to a double space and I
want
3 lines to have 1 space only.

Is this possible at all?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

The easiest solution is to split the paragraph. Why do you want to
avoid that? If both paragraphs must be on the same page, you can
format the first of them with "Keep with next" (FormatParagraph, Line
and Page Breaks tab). You can even create a style with that setting,
for easy re-use.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP