Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Backspace does not delete text, pls help

Default highlighting a text and typing does not delete it, how do i fix it

I just recently installed Microsoft 2003, but when I highlight a text and
begin to type over it, the highlighted text does not delete and it's annoying
me that I have to press the delete button every time instead of being able to
highlight and press the backspace.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

This can also be caused by having WordPerfect settings on. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/d...oft_word. htm

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Backspace does not delete text, pls help" Backspace does not delete text,
pls wrote in message
I just recently installed Microsoft 2003, but when I highlight a text and
begin to type over it, the highlighted text does not delete and it's
annoying
me that I have to press the delete button every time instead of being able
highlight and press the backspace.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JMLuczyk

Default highlighting a text and typing does not delete it, how do i fi

This worked for me .. Thanks

Tools Options Click on Edit tab. Check the box: Typing replaces selection