Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
flnew

Default how to save a database field into bookmark

Does anyone know how to save the value of a database field into a
bookmark so I can reference this bookmark even at the end of the mail
merge? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

As the name of each bookmark in a document must be unique, they are deleted
by the mailmerger process as the creation of multiple bookmarks in the
output would be in conflict of this rule.

For what you want to do, why not just insert the field the value of which
you want to refer to at the location where you want the value to appear?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"flnew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know how to save the value of a database field into a
bookmark so I can reference this bookmark even at the end of the mail
merge? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
flnew

Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say.
This still refer to the last question I asked(mulitiple records into
one document) and no good means to do it. So I use lots NEXT IF
statements, hoping that the number of retrieved records is less than
the NEXT IFs I have in the main document.

This seems working but there is still a small problem: at the end of
the file, I have a filed need to be filled by data from database, since
merge already finishs all the records, so that field is empty. That's
why I want to save that data to the bookmark or anything can hold this
data and use it at the end of the file.

I am not familiar with word so do not know what to do. It would be
greatly appreciated if you could be able to help me. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.