Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mindy

Default email

Hi, I'm doing an email merge with Outlook Express. How can I get the "read
receipt" to work with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

If you check Outlook Express Tools|Options|Receipts|Request a read receipt
for all sent messages, does that make any difference? If not, there's
probably no way you can do it from e-mail other than by using the "merge to
e-mail" approach described by Doug Robbnins at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

and even that may not work with Outlook Express.

(FWIW it's not something I normally do, and I suspect I am not the only
person to dislike getting "read receipt" popup messages in my e-mail reader:
if I'm going to reply, I'd rather do it properly. If I'm not, I'd rather not
be pestered and tend to assume that responding to the receipt request is
going to result in some form of malware afflicting my system).

Peter Jamieson

"Mindy" wrote in message
Hi, I'm doing an email merge with Outlook Express. How can I get the
"read
receipt" to work with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Hi Peter,

That will not work with Outlook Express. It requires use of the Outlook
Object Model.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.