Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matt_70501

Default how to e-mail merge and retain formatting

How can I use mail merge and retain the formatting?

I have a Word document that has different fonts, Bold, Underline etc. Upon
merging all of the fields become properly populated and look exactly as they
should while still in Word, however, once I select "Merge to e-mail" there
are only 3 options for Mail Format: Attachment, Plain Text and HTML.

HTML does nothing as far as I an tell.
Attachment sends the Word document from Outlook as a perfectly formatted
attachment (not what I want).
Plain text merges the letter into the body of the e-mail but without any
formatting.

I'd like the e-mail merged into the body of the e-mail with formatting.
Also of note is that my signature in Outlook is not included with the
e-mail, but I'd like it to be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

If you're using a recent version of Word and the same version of the full
Outlook (e,.g Word 2003 and Outlook 2003) you should be able to merge to
HTML. However, I have also heard reports that it no longer works in some
cases. As things stand you certainly cannot merge using HTML format to any
other e-mail client including Outlook Express.

Peter Jamieson

news

Mail Merge wizard Patricia Mailmerge 1 April 7th 06 08:30 AM
how do i retain formating when performing a mail merge? nigel Mailmerge 2 March 20th 06 06:07 AM
MERGE FROM EXCEL-hOW TO RETAIN PHONE# FORMATTING jojo Mailmerge 1 December 15th 05 05:34 AM
How to retain formatting when using IncludeText in Merge? Gordon Detlor Mailmerge 3 May 18th 05 04:30 AM
Retain original formatting Phil Shortell Mailmerge 1 April 19th 05 06:13 PM