Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] michelleglauser@gmail.com is offline

Default Word's extra blank page

I have a document that has columns. The first column goes all the way
to the margin (it's set at .75). The second column on the right ends
about three inches up from the bottom of the page, and I can't get the
cursor to go any further from the very last thing in the column. There
are no extra paragraphs.

All of this sounds fine so far, but I cannot get rid of that annoyingly
wasteful extra blank page that follows! If I try to delete from the end
of the column, it messes up the columns (they become all one,
overflowing onto the next page). What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Margaret Aldis Margaret Aldis is offline

If your whole document uses the column layout, and you don't need the final
section break to balance the columns, then you can get rid of it using the
instructions under: "

"If you really want to delete the temporary section break ..."

in http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

If you do need the break, you can put your cursor in the very last paragraph
and use File Page Setup to make the break "Continuous" (so it doesn't make
a new page) and if necessary reformat the final paragraph to 1pt.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

ups.com...