Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mindonfire mindonfire is offline

Default Making Comments in endnotes/footnotes in using Word Track Changes.

I am a freelance editor and I frequently use the reviewing/track changes
function in Word. Recently I have started working iwth more non-fiction and
reference material using end notes and footnotes. While I can make
insertions and deletions in ednnotes, I am not able to add comments, which I
find would be very beneficial.

Why can't I make comments in endnotes and footnotes using Word
Reviewing/Track Changes? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I can't explain *why* comments are not allowed in footnotes and
endnotes. However, a workaround is to add the text directly in the
footnote or endnote and format it in such a way that you can tell that
it's just commenting on the endnote/footnote text; for example, you
could make it in a different font, bold it, or why not use
highlighting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mindonfire" wrote in message
news
I am a freelance editor and I frequently use the reviewing/track

changes
function in Word. Recently I have started working iwth more

non-fiction and
reference material using end notes and footnotes. While I can make
insertions and deletions in ednnotes, I am not able to add comments,

which I
find would be very beneficial.

Why can't I make comments in endnotes and footnotes using Word
Reviewing/Track Changes? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mindonfire mindonfire is offline

Default Making Comments in endnotes/footnotes in using Word Track Chan

Thank you for your reply. This is what I have been doing. I am disappointed
that this seems to be a problem with the feature.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!