Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John - Melbourne, Australia John - Melbourne, Australia is offline

Default Columns won't go all the way to the bottom page margin?

In Word, I cannot get the columns to go all the way to the bottom page margin
on my first page. They fall about 30mm (1 inch) short. Also, if I move the
bottom page margin to above the bottom of the columns, this has no effect on
the columns and they stay the same.
However, on the second and subsequent pages the columns go all the way to
the bottom page margin, and when I adjust the bottom page margin the columns
adjust to fit automatically. This is what I would like the first page to do.
Any ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John - Melbourne, Australia John - Melbourne, Australia is offline

Thank you for the reply Suzanne. Neither paragraph option is selected.
However, after posting, when I went to the "Print Preview" view, I noticed
that the bottom page margin on the side page ruler was exactly where the text
finished even though I had set it as much lower on the page in "Page Setup".
I performed a click-and-drag on the bottom page margin on the side page ruler
in the "Print Preview" view, dragging it down to where I wanted it, and this
fixed the problem. I had previously tried this click-and-drag method on the
side page ruler in the "Print Layout" view but to no avail. Very strange!