Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mus Mus is offline

Default Table Disappears Off Bottom of Page

I've got a document where the table refuses to cross over to a new page.
Instead, it just disappears off the bottom of the page. I've created
hundreds of large tables and I've never seen this before. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office Helper Office Helper is offline

Select the table, go to Table | Table Properties and make sure that text
wrapping is set to None.

"Mus" wrote:

I've got a document where the table refuses to cross over to a new page.
Instead, it just disappears off the bottom of the page. I've created
hundreds of large tables and I've never seen this before. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mus Mus is offline

That did the trick. Thanks. The next obvious question is, why did the text
wrapping turn on when its never been on before?

"Mus" wrote:

I've got a document where the table refuses to cross over to a new page.
Instead, it just disappears off the bottom of the page. I've created
hundreds of large tables and I've never seen this before. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office Helper Office Helper is offline

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that question. I've run into enough
problem and that was the solution. Not sure why that happens.

"Mus" wrote:

I've got a document where the table refuses to cross over to a new page.
Instead, it just disappears off the bottom of the page. I've created
hundreds of large tables and I've never seen this before. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whenever you use the table handle to move the table, the wrapping is changed
to Around. If you are accustomed to using drag-and-drop editing, it may be
natural to you to move the table this way (instead of using Cut and Paste),
and if you are aware of this gotcha and careful to change the wrapping back
to None after moving, you'll be okay.

But even if you don't move the table intentionally, if you work in Print
Layout view, it is very easy, if you click on the table handle to select the
table, to accidentally nudge it slightly, which causes it to become wrapped.
For this reason it is often safer to work with tables in Normal view.