Southern Rivers

Default How do I stop the DATE field from automatically updating each tim.

Using Word - create a letter from Letter Wizzard. Every time I reopen the
letter - to reprint - the date updates to the present day. Do not wnat the
date to change.
Barb Reinhardt

Right click on the date and toggle the field code.
Change DATE to CREATEDATE

That should do it.

"Southern Rivers" Southern wrote in
message ...
Using Word - create a letter from Letter Wizzard. Every time I reopen the
letter - to reprint - the date updates to the present day. Do not wnat

the
date to change.

Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible.

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.