Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Still puzzled re display changes

I posted this problem earlier and the only respondent suggested a reference
that was excellent (and which I have used since) but which hasn't covered
the problem.

I have a largish document (840 Kb) and I discovered that if I toggled on
'Display changes on screen' and then toggled it off again, a few paragraphs
that were there before the whole procedure would be missing. Anyone
experienced this before?

Word 2000, sr1 and 3. XP home

Yours
Puzzled
(aka Worried Blue Eyes. Who remembers that?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's a long time since I supported W2k3, but I seem to recall that this was
a bug. There may have been a hot fix that you could get if you called
Microsoft support but this may have been with W2k2. You should still be
able to still get this patch but not for long as MS only actively support a
product for 5-years from end of life.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"aalaan" wrote in message
I posted this problem earlier and the only respondent suggested a reference
that was excellent (and which I have used since) but which hasn't covered
the problem.

I have a largish document (840 Kb) and I discovered that if I toggled on
'Display changes on screen' and then toggled it off again, a few
paragraphs that were there before the whole procedure would be missing.
Anyone experienced this before?

Word 2000, sr1 and 3. XP home

Yours
Puzzled
(aka Worried Blue Eyes. Who remembers that?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Well, blocks of text just disappear when I toggle the "display changes on
and then off. They were there before.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are we talking about toggling the view of tracked changes or hidden text?

so
all may benefit.

"aalaan" wrote in message
I posted this problem earlier and the only respondent suggested a

reference
that was excellent (and which I have used since) but which hasn't covered
the problem.

I have a largish document (840 Kb) and I discovered that if I toggled on
'Display changes on screen' and then toggled it off again, a few

paragraphs
that were there before the whole procedure would be missing. Anyone
experienced this before?

Word 2000, sr1 and 3. XP home

Yours
Puzzled
(aka Worried Blue Eyes. Who remembers that?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

So we're talking about tracked changes? I'm sorry, but I have Word 2003,
where there is no such toggle (only four "views": Final, Final Showing
Markup, Original, and Original Showing Markup). I assume these are not
deletions that you are somehow accepting?

"aalaan" wrote in message
Well, blocks of text just disappear when I toggle the "display changes on
and then off. They were there before.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are we talking about toggling the view of tracked changes or hidden

text?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"aalaan" wrote in message
I posted this problem earlier and the only respondent suggested a

reference
that was excellent (and which I have used since) but which hasn't

covered
the problem.

I have a largish document (840 Kb) and I discovered that if I toggled

on
'Display changes on screen' and then toggled it off again, a few

paragraphs
that were there before the whole procedure would be missing. Anyone
experienced this before?

Word 2000, sr1 and 3. XP home

Yours
Puzzled
(aka Worried Blue Eyes. Who remembers that?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Thanks Terry. Do you happen to know if the fix should be applied before or
after sp1 and sr3 (or sr1 and sr3!)?

"aalaan" wrote in message
I posted this problem earlier and the only respondent suggested a
reference that was excellent (and which I have used since) but which
hasn't covered the problem.

I have a largish document (840 Kb) and I discovered that if I toggled on
'Display changes on screen' and then toggled it off again, a few
paragraphs that were there before the whole procedure would be missing.
Anyone experienced this before?

Word 2000, sr1 and 3. XP home

Yours
Puzzled
(aka Worried Blue Eyes. Who remembers that?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I am unsure which order these patches were released but my gut feeling would
be after SR3: had the hot fix predated SR3, the hot fix should have been
integrated with it.

Terry

Table display problems JimSym Tables 1 June 11th 05 04:44 PM
Logo and Signature on template don't display Chrisso Microsoft Word Help 1 May 1st 05 05:04 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM
Why won't my language bar display? BubbaReece Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 09:36 AM
WORD 2002 will not display ASPX clip files. LOUISE Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 07:58 PM