Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jeffery jeffery is offline

Default Please Have A Look...

Hello everyone I would like to tell you about a wonderful vitamin that
really works. It is called the world's greatest vitamin; It has a full 100%
money back guarantee.

www.dontforgettotakeyourvitamin.com/chaney49589

Our product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Our product contains whole food based nutrients that have been clinically
proven to nutritionally support the body. However, under the rules created
by the FDA, we cannot claim that, by consuming these nutrients through
taking our amazing products, it will cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease.
And, because of the nature of how we produce our vitamin, using only natural
ingredients, The Greatest Vitamin in the World and any of our other amazing
supplements, will never be classified as a drug. Only a drug, approved by
the FDA, may claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are
proud to offer only whole food based nutrients for the body and hope that
your experience with our products is amazing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Don't bother - it's spam!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default OT: Don't bother - it's spam!

But do those reports ever lead to anything? I get 'share purchase'
spams/scams by the hundred every week (complete with reams of meaningless
drivel -- why do they do that?). Is there any point in reporting these
spam/scams? What actually gets done?

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Further to that, I also get offers by the hundred every week to improve my
erection (!) but I would think editing a book on garden trowels is more
likely to do that then the stuff being touted (again complete with reams of
meaningless drivel - incomplete nonsensical sentences, reams of 'keywords'
that aren't and other stuff the purpose of which entirely defeats me). Off
now to edit a book on garden trowels...

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

It's sort of a catch-22. One or two complaints won't usually get noticed
much. Several complaints in a short period of time often result in the
person being banned at most reputable places.

Pop`

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

From that, I'd say your email address/es have made it to the millions CDs
and are being bought/sold on a daily basis and the amount of spam you'll get
will probably only increse. It's too late to do much about it on those
email accounts. There likely is nothing you can do to get rid of it short
of getting a new email address AND learning how not to expose it to
spammers.

If you're intersted in how to keep spam at bay, MS has lots of good info,
Google will get you lots of links. Also google for "safe hex" for even more
info.

The very first think you need to do is remove your real e-mail address from
newsgroups! Spammers have software that does nothing but scan newsgroups
looking for addresses to add to their list of addresses.
Then get a free throw-away email address from any number of places, and
use that whenever you must give an address to a place that isn't a trusted
relative or person; never use your main email address for siging up for
things, anything.
Then get a new email address that can't easily be guessed by software,
known as "dictionaired" by the spammers. They found aalaan, so they're
probably also sending to every form of that name imaginable, and then
appending 1, 2, 3, ... 9999 to the names to get the duplicates.
The safest username against dictionary spam is one with digits in the
middle of it somewhere, like aa456laan. Those become very hard to guess.

But that's only the tip of the iceberg.
www.webopedia.com/TERM/s/spam.html
wikopedia.com search for spam
spamcop.net
cauce.org
microsoft.com
spamabuse.net
abuse.net
spamfighter.com
winpatrol.com
spamlaws.com
spamassassin.apache.org

etc etc etc. Many good, many bad; most make good reading on how to protect
yourself.

HTH
Pop

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Thanks Pop. But aalaan is not my email address. I already follow your
recommendations. But *once* I inadvertently posted my real email address on
a newsgroup, years ago in fact. So I know what's causing the problem. It is
not an option to change that address as it is now well known in my industry.

But what still puzzles me is why much spam has reams of nonsensical
sentences attached.

From that, I'd say your email address/es have made it to the millions CDs

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

The nonsensical sentences are just a 'smoke screen' to try and trick spam
filtering programs into thinking the emails are genuine. The Spam Filter
sees a whole lot of what (to a computer) seems to be normal non-spamming
text, (The actual spam is often in a picture attached to the email) and so
lets it through...

Chris.

"aalaan" wrote in message
Thanks Pop. But aalaan is not my email address. I already follow your
recommendations. But *once* I inadvertently posted my real email address
on a newsgroup, years ago in fact. So I know what's causing the problem.
It is not an option to change that address as it is now well known in my
industry.

But what still puzzles me is why much spam has reams of nonsensical
sentences attached.

From that, I'd say your email address/es have made it to the millions CDs

"Pop`" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Of course it is: But, what did YOU do about it?

Spam report id 2004579860 sent to:
Spam report id 2004579876 sent to:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

OK thanks, I see. I am getting a heap of stuff today entitled ralph here ,
jack here and so on, touting shares. In fact this share scam must be the
biggest scourge of the moment. I only get a promise to improve my erection
about once a day now

"aalaan" wrote in message
Thanks Pop. But aalaan is not my email address. I already follow your
recommendations. But *once* I inadvertently posted my real email address
on a newsgroup, years ago in fact. So I know what's causing the problem.
It is not an option to change that address as it is now well known in my
industry.

But what still puzzles me is why much spam has reams of nonsensical
sentences attached.

"Pop`" wrote in message
From that, I'd say your email address/es have made it to the millions
CDs and are being bought/sold on a daily basis and the amount of spam