Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
klafert klafert is offline

Default Synchronize - my documents

I have done this for years, but now I have word 2003 and I have 3 computers.
I have so all the documents are saved on one computer. I changed or copy the
my documents folder with the network drive, so I could click on any computer
and access all the documents. However, I notice that they are Synchronizing.
How do I stop that. I word under file locations I have the path pointing to
the server "main computer". This of course is a workgroup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't quite follow the question: what exactly is synchronizing? If all the
files are located on one computer, then in Word you need to set the default
DOCUMENT location to that Computer/Folder (under Tools, Options, File
Locations). Do not use the Windows My Documents folder as this has special
properties. You need to make Company Documents Folder and move all the
documents there. Then change all the Word File Locations to point at the
Company Documents Folder.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/