Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Don Don is offline

Default Cant see hyperlinks and pics in Word 2000

I can't seem to get hyperlinks or pictures to show in word 2000. I
copied and pasted some web pages into a Word doc (I have Word 2002 at
home) and emailed it to work (Word 2000).

When I open it there I see the hyperlinks typed out in brackets, and
the pics too. I've been into ToolsOptions and can't find what may be
the problem.

I can't even do InsertHyperlink--I get {Hyperlink XCVFS} (as an
example).

What could I be doing wrong/over looking??

Thank you.
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Don,

You've got the field code display toggles on. You can toggle it off again
via Alt-F9 or Selecting tools|Options|View and unchecking 'field codes'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Don" wrote in message
ups.com...
I can't seem to get hyperlinks or pictures to show in word 2000. I
copied and pasted some web pages into a Word doc (I have Word 2002 at
home) and emailed it to work (Word 2000).

When I open it there I see the hyperlinks typed out in brackets, and
the pics too. I've been into ToolsOptions and can't find what may be
the problem.

I can't even do InsertHyperlink--I get {Hyperlink XCVFS} (as an
example).

What could I be doing wrong/over looking??

Thank you.
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Don Don is offline

Macrpod;
Thank you so much. I would ner have given that a thought since I had no
clue what "field code" was. I appreciatee the help
Don
macropod wrote:
Hi Don,

You've got the field code display toggles on. You can toggle it off again
via Alt-F9 or Selecting tools|Options|View and unchecking 'field codes'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]