Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammy Sammy is offline

Default Word 2003 - FInd and Replace problem

How do I indicate on the find and replace window that I would like to replace
5 typed space with a tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Find what control, enter 5 spaces and in the Replace with control
enter ^t

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sammy" wrote in message
How do I indicate on the find and replace window that I would like to
replace
5 typed space with a tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press the spacebar five times in the "Find what" box and type ^t in the
"Replace with" box.

"Sammy" wrote in message
How do I indicate on the find and replace window that I would like to

replace
5 typed space with a tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In the Find What: field type 5 spaces, in the Replace With: field type ^t
(you can also clock the More button at the bottom of the F/R dialog & open
the Special menu to select the character from there).
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones