Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bungalowkitchens bungalowkitchens is offline

Default "Save as" dialog box disappears off bottom of page

When I try to save a new document in Word 2002, the "save as" box for some
reason has become tall and skinny and disappears off the bottom of the page,
making it impossible to actually click the "save" button. No amount of
dragging will make the bottom appear- I can't drag it upward. Opening Word in
Safe Mode doesn't seem to help.

I have Windows XP, and this has only become a problem in the last month or
so. I have had to resort to pasting new documents into existing documents in
order to save them!

bungalowkitchens
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Try and right -click in the Blue area of the title bar, and select "Move".
The drag it up.
--
Brian McCaffery

"bungalowkitchens" wrote:

When I try to save a new document in Word 2002, the "save as" box for some
reason has become tall and skinny and disappears off the bottom of the page,
making it impossible to actually click the "save" button. No amount of
dragging will make the bottom appear- I can't drag it upward. Opening Word in
Safe Mode doesn't seem to help.

I have Windows XP, and this has only become a problem in the last month or
so. I have had to resort to pasting new documents into existing documents in
order to save them!

bungalowkitchens

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YnVuZ2Fsb3draXRjaGVucw==?=,

When I try to save a new document in Word 2002, the "save as" box for some
reason has become tall and skinny and disappears off the bottom of the page,
making it impossible to actually click the "save" button. No amount of
dragging will make the bottom appear- I can't drag it upward. Opening Word in
Safe Mode doesn't seem to help.

I have Windows XP, and this has only become a problem in the last month or
so. I have had to resort to pasting new documents into existing documents in
order to save them!

If you hold down the CTRL key when starting Word, to force it into Safe Mode,
does the dialog box then appear correctly?

If yes, then the Word DATA key in the Registry has probably been damaged. You
can try renaming the key, then starting Word again (normally). See this article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005/en-us

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org