Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveCujoPI DaveCujoPI is offline

Default Word converts English date to USA date in mail-merge from Excel?

I'm using Microsoft office 2003.

In Excel, I have a column of dates which are formatted as UK ones (e.g. 2nd
July: 02/07/2007) but when this column is mail-merged into Word it's coming
out with the month first (e.g. 07/02/2007).

Even more bizarre, a second Excel column, which is a date from an IF
function, is going into Word the right way round - even though it has exactly
the same formatting as the first one.

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DaveCujoPI DaveCujoPI is offline

Oh, I can see other people having the same problem now... I couldn't get to
this page without posting a question... ignore