Doug McNeill

Default Microsoft Word toolbar with sissors, copy and paste has disappear.

When I want to move text in a document I highlight the text,click on the
sisors, set the cursor in the new spot, and then click a symbol that looks
like a briefcase. That tool bar also has lots of other items such as the
arrows to move backwards in the sequence of key strokes.
The whole toolbar is missing.

It may be related to a problem with the caps lock key activating without
being hit.
Thanks much for any help.
Graham Mayor

You probably have a minor registry corruption. See
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word

Doug McNeill wrote:
When I want to move text in a document I highlight the text,click on
the sisors, set the cursor in the new spot, and then click a symbol
that looks like a briefcase. That tool bar also has lots of other
items such as the arrows to move backwards in the sequence of key
strokes.
The whole toolbar is missing.

It may be related to a problem with the caps lock key activating
without being hit.
Thanks much for any help.

Doug McNeill

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.
Graham,
I would be very scared to try to do anything in the registry but I found a
different happy solution.
At the top of the Word screen there is a button for "view"
I PUSHED THAT AND SAW AN ITEM "TOOLBARS" and I clicked on that.
Somehow a little window opened which showed the toolbar I wanted.
I clicked and BINGO - my toolbar came back!
I tried to repeat so I could tell you exactly what I did but can't.
Anyway problem solved.
Many thanks.
Doug