Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default extra blank page

I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP.

Someone creates and sends me one page in Word but it has an additional blank
page following the initial page. Can I remove this? Why does it happen? I
tried inserting a page break but it's still there.

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:18:04 +1000, "B.W."
(del xxx) wrote:

I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP.

Someone creates and sends me one page in Word but it has an additional blank
page following the initial page. Can I remove this? Why does it happen? I
tried inserting a page break but it's still there.

TIA

B.W.

There are several possible causes. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thank you for that info. I see now that there is a header and footer set up
which seems to be rolling on to this blank page 2. How can I delete it
completely from the document. In the help it suggests ways of partially
removing it I want to take it off completely.

Thanks

B.W.

(del xxx) wrote:

I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP.

Someone creates and sends me one page in Word but it has an additional
blank
page following the initial page. Can I remove this? Why does it happen?
tried inserting a page break but it's still there.

TIA

B.W.

There are several possible causes. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If there is no content on the page (no empty paragraph marks, no Next
Page section break, etc.) then there will not be a page -- and hence
no header or footer. If you still see a "blank" page with only a
header or footer, then there _must_ be something there to cause it,
and that something will _not_ be the header or footer. Have you gone
through all the possibilities listed in the article I pointed to?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:36:47 +1000, "B.W."
(del xxx) wrote:

Thank you for that info. I see now that there is a header and footer set up
which seems to be rolling on to this blank page 2. How can I delete it
completely from the document. In the help it suggests ways of partially
removing it I want to take it off completely.

Thanks

B.W.

.. .
(del xxx) wrote:

I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP.

Someone creates and sends me one page in Word but it has an additional
blank
page following the initial page. Can I remove this? Why does it happen?
tried inserting a page break but it's still there.

TIA

B.W.

There are several possible causes. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

I have found some more inserted empty paragraphs and after deleting them I
now have one page showing no headers or footers.

I have kept your link to that page for future reference.

Many thanks

(del xxx) wrote:

Thank you for that info. I see now that there is a header and footer set
up
which seems to be rolling on to this blank page 2. How can I delete it
completely from the document. In the help it suggests ways of partially
removing it I want to take it off completely.

Thanks

B.W.

. ..