Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trevor.aj trevor.aj is offline

Default 2 different Word document Icons using Microsoft Office 2008 for Ma

I have a Apple Mac computer in which I installed 2008 Microsoft Office for
Home. When saving document / files, I never know which icon will show up on
my desktop or in my file. One icon is the normal piece of paper w/the blue
"a" in the center and the upper right corner folded over, and the other icon
is a white piece of paper showing black writing across the page, and the
upper right corner folded over.

I was told by a Microsoft tech that the icon without the blue "a' is not the
correct icon, and blamed the problem on my operating system. Can anyone
explain what is happening and how to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might be better off asking this in the Mac office group (sorry, I don't
know what that group is called where you are looking).

My Mac experience is pretty limited but if the icons are always the same in
a given folder, you probably need to uncheck the "show icon peview" option
if you want the more pictorial type of icon. e.g. for the desktop,
right-click and Show View Options, or in Finder, View-Show View options
(and if necessary, click Use As Defaults)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"trevor.aj" wrote in message
I have a Apple Mac computer in which I installed 2008 Microsoft Office for
Home. When saving document / files, I never know which icon will show up
on
my desktop or in my file. One icon is the normal piece of paper w/the
blue
"a" in the center and the upper right corner folded over, and the other
icon
is a white piece of paper showing black writing across the page, and the
upper right corner folded over.

I was told by a Microsoft tech that the icon without the blue "a' is not
the
correct icon, and blamed the problem on my operating system. Can anyone
explain what is happening and how to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi A.J.,

I'm guessing that like the Windows counterpart Word 2007, Word:mac 2008 may have different icon for different file types, but as
Peter mentioned you may want to also post in the Word:mac discussion group. The links below should get you there

==========
"trevor.aj" wrote in message ...
I have a Apple Mac computer in which I installed 2008 Microsoft Office for
Home. When saving document / files, I never know which icon will show up on
my desktop or in my file. One icon is the normal piece of paper w/the blue
"a" in the center and the upper right corner folded over, and the other icon
is a white piece of paper showing black writing across the page, and the
upper right corner folded over.

I was told by a Microsoft tech that the icon without the blue "a' is not the
correct icon, and blamed the problem on my operating system. Can anyone
explain what is happening and how to correct it?
--
I hope this helps you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Microsoft Office:Mac newsgroups:

or
http://microsoft.com/mac/community/c...pid=newsgroups

Microsoft Office:Mac products and updates
http://microsoft.com/mac