Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LMZ

Default Strikethrough

Is there any way at all of having a red strikethrough on black font. I've
tried changing the font settings but it's not possible that way. Does anyone
know if anyway at all whether it's through visual basic or something more
straight forward. Anything?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

LMZ wrote:
Is there any way at all of having a red strikethrough on black font.
I've tried changing the font settings but it's not possible that way.
Does anyone know if anyway at all whether it's through visual basic
or something more straight forward. Anything?

No, it isn't possible.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LMZ

Is there anyway I can get round this. Say by doing a macro where I can
select the text I want and draw a red line which will always be positioned in
that particular alignment of the text. There must be some way of getting
round this. Anyone?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

LMZ wrote:
Is there any way at all of having a red strikethrough on black font.
I've tried changing the font settings but it's not possible that way.
Does anyone know if anyway at all whether it's through visual basic
or something more straight forward. Anything?

No, it isn't possible.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Well, it can be done with an overstrike field but it isn't something you
probably want to do regularly.

Press Ctrl+F9 and enter this between the braces ...

EQ \O (Phrase you want struck through, )

In the big gap put a lot of spaces - you'll have to experiment to see how
many you need to be the same length as your phrase.

Select the spaces and format them as red with strikethrough.

Finally go to Tools Options Compatibility and check "Draw underline on
trailing spaces"

You should get what you want - but the underlining option may affect any
underlining in your document - and, as I say, it's really for a oneoff
rather than a good way of working.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
LMZ wrote:
Is there any way at all of having a red strikethrough on black font.
I've tried changing the font settings but it's not possible that way.
Does anyone know if anyway at all whether it's through visual basic
or something more straight forward. Anything?

No, it isn't possible.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman