Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Default Creating Template in Word 2007?

I'm trying to create a Template in Word 2007 as a Boxslip - basically
a table with one column and two rows (Data I am sending in 1st row, My
info in second row - Address, phone number, email, etc).

I have it created and saved in my "Trusted Templates). The problem I
have is in the Data I am sending 1st row. I have in the

My name at top

I set tabs on the Date, To, Subject lines so I can tab over and type
in the necessary information and have all three aligned. But when I
used the Template and go to one of those and Tab, it creates another
row at the bottom of the table. How do I change it so that Tab go to
the next tab setting instead of inserting a new row. I know I'm
missing something, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any insights.

Charliec
Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When you're in a table, you have to use Ctrl+Tab to insert a tab character. As
you've seen, the Tab key alone jumps to the next cell or, if there is no next
cell, creates a new row. That's the way Word has always worked.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:22:13 -0800, Charliec
wrote:

I'm trying to create a Template in Word 2007 as a Boxslip - basically
a table with one column and two rows (Data I am sending in 1st row, My
info in second row - Address, phone number, email, etc).

I have it created and saved in my "Trusted Templates). The problem I
have is in the Data I am sending 1st row. I have in the

My name at top

I set tabs on the Date, To, Subject lines so I can tab over and type
in the necessary information and have all three aligned. But when I
used the Template and go to one of those and Tab, it creates another
row at the bottom of the table. How do I change it so that Tab go to
the next tab setting instead of inserting a new row. I know I'm
missing something, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any insights.

Charliec
************************************************* *****
Charliec

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the reply.

I had this Template set up in the previous version of Word as a Table
and was able to use the Tab key to move to the next Tab. I lost that
Template and cannot remember how I set that up. I will try your
suggestion and see if that makes it easier for me.

Is there a way to change that default Tab operation?

Charliec

wrote:

I'm trying to create a Template in Word 2007 as a Boxslip - basically
a table with one column and two rows (Data I am sending in 1st row, My
info in second row - Address, phone number, email, etc).

I have it created and saved in my "Trusted Templates). The problem I
have is in the Data I am sending 1st row. I have in the

My name at top

I set tabs on the Date, To, Subject lines so I can tab over and type
in the necessary information and have all three aligned. But when I
used the Template and go to one of those and Tab, it creates another
row at the bottom of the table. How do I change it so that Tab go to
the next tab setting instead of inserting a new row. I know I'm
missing something, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any insights.

Charliec
************************************************ ******
Charliec

Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps you just used tab stops instead of a table, but the behavior of the
Tab key in a table has been the same through many, many versions of Word.

wrote:

I'm trying to create a Template in Word 2007 as a Boxslip - basically
a table with one column and two rows (Data I am sending in 1st row, My
info in second row - Address, phone number, email, etc).

I have it created and saved in my "Trusted Templates). The problem I
have is in the Data I am sending 1st row. I have in the

My name at top

I set tabs on the Date, To, Subject lines so I can tab over and type
in the necessary information and have all three aligned. But when I
used the Template and go to one of those and Tab, it creates another
row at the bottom of the table. How do I change it so that Tab go to
the next tab setting instead of inserting a new row. I know I'm
missing something, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any insights.

Charliec
Charliec

Charliec