Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jane Duddy Jane Duddy is offline

Default How do I get code from original .doc into mailmerged .doc?

In 'Running template code after a 3rd party app runs' posted by C in October
2005 he/she eventually wrote
'(I am now using)... an AutoClose procedure to attach the template to the
unidentified document before the developer can close the template. That gets
all of my code into the new document. I also copy over a custom toolbar with
a button for the user to press to activate the code in the new document. I
would rather that be automatic, but so far I havent figured out how to do
that since the original template is closed by the time the paste is done in
the new document.'
I have similar requirments - the 3rd party app creates a merged document
from my original .doc which acts as the mailmerge document template but the
merged document does not include any code from the original .doc - I wanted
to carry forward code which creates a string holding a filepathname for a
subsequent manual save by the user from a custom button but cannot seem to do
this. So I would also like to use the AutoClose() so that the code in the
original .doc is available in the merged document, and I would like to copy
over the custom toolbar too as used by C above. I have posted a request to C
on the original thread - but I am hoping that someone else will also know the
answer.

Mailmerge template stephen Mailmerge 8 August 18th 06 02:19 PM
Can not set column width by code Shaw Tables 1 December 17th 05 07:08 AM
Bar Code Placement? Douglas McElvein New Users 19 December 14th 05 03:30 AM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM