Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
r_mervart

Default Word Help not working

Win 98SE, Word 2000 (Office 2000). It used to work but now is not. I can
search and select a topic/question but when I click on it no answers are
given.
Is there anything I can do before going to re-installation of Word?
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Before reinstalling Office or Word 2000, analyze your PC for
the existence of malware and viruses.

"r_mervart" wrote in message ...
Win 98SE, Word 2000 (Office 2000). It used to work but now is not. I can
search and select a topic/question but when I click on it no answers are
given.
Is there anything I can do before going to re-installation of Word?
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
r_mervart

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message

"r_mervart" wrote in message

Win 98SE, Word 2000 (Office 2000). It used to work but now is not. I can
search and select a topic/question but when I click on it no answers are
given.
Is there anything I can do before going to re-installation of Word?
Roman

Before reinstalling Office or Word 2000, analyze your PC for
the existence of malware and viruses.

Checks do not show anything suspicious.
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319956 "The Answer Wizard
and the Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an
Office program".

r_mervart wrote:

Win 98SE, Word 2000 (Office 2000). It used to work but now is not. I can
search and select a topic/question but when I click on it no answers are
given.
Is there anything I can do before going to re-installation of Word?
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
r_mervart

Thanks for your pointer but it is not my situation. I do not run two
operating system and symptoms are different
I can Search for suitable topics and they get displayed under the heading
What would you like to do? Then when I click on one of the topics nothing
happens.
Roman

r_mervart wrote:

Win 98SE, Word 2000 (Office 2000). It used to work but now is not. I can
search and select a topic/question but when I click on it no answers are
given.
Is there anything I can do before going to re-installation of Word?
Roman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
r_mervart

Yes, it does. I do not know if it is coincidence or I was blind before but I
clicked on Assistant and Options and then Reset Tips and after that I found
the "missing" very narrow window with Help answer. So it is now back
working -
Thanks for your reply
Roman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Does Help open in a separate window in Word 2000 as it does in 2002 and
2003? If so, could it be opening behind your document window?

so
all may benefit.