Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil in Oz Phil in Oz is offline

Default MailMerge - repeating information

Hello:

I have a mail merge set up to produce two reports.

Report 1 contains a table along the lines of:

Student ID Raw Mark Scaled Mark Pass/Fail etc:

Report 2 contains a simplified version of the same information:

Student ID Pass/Fail

which is for distribution to students (ie, stuff they don't need to know has
been stripped off it)

The data is merged in from an Excel spreadsheet - that aspect words fine.
I'm using 'NextRecord' to move through the data records, and the result is
exactly what I'm after: a table listing all of the above, with the results
dragged in from Excel.

To save on time and effort, I would like these 2 reports to be part of the
same document, rather than 2 separate docs. However, this would require one
of two options:

Resetting the mail merge back to the first record, or;

Having cells in the second table reflect the contents of relevant cells in
the first table.

Either would word admirably in theory: but I can't get either of these to
work in practice.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil