Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeremy jeremy is offline

Default Advanced Type Setting / Opentype / Fonts / Small Caps

Hello,

I am using Word 2007 on XP.

I have a number of fonts installed on my system. When using Word I would
like to write titles in Small Caps. I do not want to use "scaled" small caps
I want to use the "true" small caps embedded in the character set for the
font. However, I find that I am not able to use true small caps in Word, only
scaled small caps.

Studying the problem I have noticed that true small caps (i.e. small caps
that have been specifically drawn and hinted as part of a character set) seem
to be embedded in some OpenType fonts, for example Adobe Garamond Pro or
Sabon LT Pro. Selecting one of these fonts and applying small caps in a
program like InDesign leads to true small caps being used. However, this is
not the case in Word.

Is there a problem with Word's ability to deal with OpenType fonts or
extended character sets? Or is there a way of turning on a special mode in
Word so that i can use the true small caps embedded in some of the font files?