Kathy from Maine

Default Hyperlinks don't work in table of contents

I have a lengthy document (around 550 pages) and created a TOC by means of
Insert/Reference/Index and Tables. The box for "Use hyperlinks instead of
page numbers" is checked, but when the resulting table of contents is
created, the page numbers do not act as hyperlinks.

I've done this before and it worked fine. I could simply click on a page
number and it would bring up that page.

Now is doesn't work. Ideas?
CyberTaz

Hi Kathy-

You don't mention versions, but it may be that you now have to Ctrl+Click
the TOC entry. I assume the change was made because the regular 'Click'
method got in the way for many who were not actually trying to navigatte.

HTH |:)

"Kathy from Maine" wrote:

I have a lengthy document (around 550 pages) and created a TOC by means of
Insert/Reference/Index and Tables. The box for "Use hyperlinks instead of
page numbers" is checked, but when the resulting table of contents is
created, the page numbers do not act as hyperlinks.

I've done this before and it worked fine. I could simply click on a page
number and it would bring up that page.

Now is doesn't work. Ideas?

Daiya Mitchell

What version of Word?

At some point, the default behavior was changed to control-click to follow
the hyperlink. Try that.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

This change was made between Word 2000 and Word 2002.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
What version of Word?

At some point, the default behavior was changed to control-click to follow
the hyperlink. Try that.

On 4/19/05 9:49 AM, "Kathy from Maine" wrote:

I have a lengthy document (around 550 pages) and created a TOC by means

of
Insert/Reference/Index and Tables. The box for "Use hyperlinks instead

of
page numbers" is checked, but when the resulting table of contents is
created, the page numbers do not act as hyperlinks.

I've done this before and it worked fine. I could simply click on a

page
number and it would bring up that page.

Now is doesn't work. Ideas?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/