krknights

Default MS Word prints macros

MS Word prints macros in my document instead of the information that should
be retrieved. For example, when there is a hyperlink in the document, it
prints {HYPERLINK mailto blue and underlined. I've checked printer settings and etc. and can't seem
to find anything that would cause this to happen. I'm currently using Word
2003.
Jay Freedman

krknights wrote:
MS Word prints macros in my document instead of the information that
should be retrieved. For example, when there is a hyperlink in the
document, it prints {HYPERLINK mailto just the email addy in blue and underlined. I've checked printer
settings and etc. and can't seem to find anything that would cause
this to happen. I'm currently using Word 2003.

Those are not macros. They are field codes.

Go to Tools Options Print and uncheck the box that says "Field codes".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman