Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mimi Mimi is offline

Default Word has encountered a problem and needs to close

I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried repairing the installation?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mimi_Rogers Mimi_Rogers is offline

Yes, I ran Microsoft Diagnostics. It said it repaired one error, but it
apparently wasn't that one.

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I
shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft
office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mimi_Rogers Mimi_Rogers is offline

I actually found that link yesterday posted on 11/27/2007 and checked it out.
I printed the information off and will give it a try. But I also did just a
search from google and came up with this link
http://www.tutorials-win.com/WordErr...essage-116223/. It could be my
HP All-in-One printer. Apparently, others with HP Printers are having the
same problem. But I'm going to check out some other things in the link that
you sent, although they don't have any help for when CLOSING word. I think
I've exhausted all my search tools on this one. Thank you very much for your
assistance as it led me to other links.

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I
shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft
office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, printer issues (or rather printer *driver* issues) can cause a lot
of problems. Looking for an updated printer driver might be helpful; you
could even try reinstalling the one that you have, to see if that makes a
difference.

See also this KB article:

How to troubleshoot print failures in Word 2007 and Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826845/en-us

--

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that
shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft
office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In addition to what Stefan has said, note that the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm actually does apply
to problems encountered when using and closing Word as well as opening, and
the printer driver is one of the issues addressed.

"Mimi" wrote in message
I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that
shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: "Microsoft
office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry
for
the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lazyman801@gmail.com is offline

"Mimi" wrote in message

I am running Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus. Everytime that I shut
down MS Office 2007 Word or PowerPoint I get the error: *"Microsoft office
Word [or PP] has encountered a problem and needs to close. *We are sorry
for
the inconvenience. *If you were in the middle of something, the
information
you were working on might be lost...."
I'm shutting down normally and this happens EVERY TIME.
I know that others are experiencing this same problem.
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Create a 'NEW' user account name and use it. The Windows XP/Vista
user profile is corrupt.

TRUST ME IT WORKS