Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spyrilautte Spyrilautte is offline

Default Skipping numberd bullet points in a list

Ok...

I have a set of numbered bullet points.

Instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, ....., etc I need to skip numbers. For example 1, 2,
3, 6, 10.

When I try to adjust my numbering, word insists on keeping my list in
numerical order.

Could someone help me find a simple solution to solve my problem? I'm not
very adept with word.

Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that you are using Word 2007, you can right-click an item in the
list and click Set Numbering Value on the context menu. In the dialog box,
choose "Start new list" and then specify the desired starting value.

But note that if the list is relatively short, and you need to restart it a
lot, you may prefer to type the numbers manually (you can set a hanging
indent if you want text to line up). Be sure to first turn off the option
that automatically applies numbering as you type: In Office button | Word
Options, Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As
You Type tab, clear the "Automatic numbered lists" option, and then click OK
twice.

To turn off numbering from paragraphs that are already numbered
automatically, you can select them and press Ctrl+N (which reapplies the
Normal style).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP