Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gotcha Gotcha is offline

Default Losing preceding 0 when merging numbers

When I merge a document using an excel data base file, if I type a zip code
into the data base as 06741 then when I merge the document into word, it will
merge as 6741. How can I fix that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Usually the simplest way is to check Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm
conversions at open, go through the process of selecting the data source
again, and choose the DDE option in the extra dialog box after you choose
the file. NB, DDE can only "see" the sheet that was displaying when you last
closed the Excel workbook, or maybe the currently open sheet, if the
workbook is open.

Peter Jamieson
"Gotcha" wrote in message
When I merge a document using an excel data base file, if I type a zip
code
into the data base as 06741 then when I merge the document into word, it
will
merge as 6741. How can I fix that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline