Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KrisRose KrisRose is offline

Default Check Boxes and Text Fields

We're running into problems getting the check boxes the way we want them.
Currently you have to double click and choose "Checked" as the default on the
document. We're trying to get them so that when you click them, it
automatically checks the box.

We're also trying to insert text field boxes that are gray shaded and allow
for users to insert information into the form field. The gray box expands to
accommodate the inserted information. Could you offer any suggestions about
how to do this or where to find more instructions on these elements?

Thank you!
--
Kris Rose
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The secret is that you have to "protect the document for forms" to make the
fields operate; until then, they're in a "design mode". See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a tutorial.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman