Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CraigSob CraigSob is offline

Default How can I remove page break in title of five level Outline templat

I down loaded the 5 level outline template for Word. I like what it is
supposed to do but every time I edit the document I get a page break between
the Outline title and the remaining outline. None of the delete page break
methods I (or anyone I know) know of will remove the page break. Someone
told me the template is corrupted but I find that hard to believe since it's
been up for a long time and has thousands of reviews.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the outline is created using Word's built-in heading styles, then the
issue is that Headings 1-4 are formatted as "Keep with next." When you use
nothing but headings, then they keep chasing each other from one page to the
next until they finally get to a paragraph that isn't formatted as KWN so
that a page break can be inserted.

http://word.mvps.org

"CraigSob" wrote in message
I down loaded the 5 level outline template for Word. I like what it is
supposed to do but every time I edit the document I get a page break
between
the Outline title and the remaining outline. None of the delete page
break
methods I (or anyone I know) know of will remove the page break. Someone
told me the template is corrupted but I find that hard to believe since
it's
been up for a long time and has thousands of reviews.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CraigSob CraigSob is offline

Suzanne,
Thank you so much. This was the solution to a problem we've been trying to
resolve for 6 months. All I had to do was remove the KWN in the headers and
all was fine.
Thanks again.
Craig

"CraigSob" wrote in message
I down loaded the 5 level outline template for Word. I like what it is
supposed to do but every time I edit the document I get a page break
between
the Outline title and the remaining outline. None of the delete page
break
methods I (or anyone I know) know of will remove the page break. Someone
told me the template is corrupted but I find that hard to believe since
it's
been up for a long time and has thousands of reviews.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I usually like to keep it in at least Heading 1, perhaps Heading 2,
depending on the outline.

http://word.mvps.org