Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Martin Martin is offline

Default How Do I Create A Fax Cover Sheet In Word 2002 With Correct Formatting?

Hello,

I'm trying to create a fax cover sheet in Word 2002 so that it has the
following format, but without success so far.

Center, Bold and Underline--- Company Name

Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Postal Code --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Country --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
Domain --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
E-Mail Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number

Is there a way to Align Right without causing that which has been Aligned
Left to move, even one space, to the right?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm. You need a
right-aligned tab stop.

http://word.mvps.org

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to create a fax cover sheet in Word 2002 so that it has the
following format, but without success so far.

Center, Bold and Underline--- Company Name

Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Postal Code --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Country --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
Domain --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
E-Mail Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number

Is there a way to Align Right without causing that which has been Aligned
Left to move, even one space, to the right?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard[_2_] Pat Garard[_2_] is offline

G'Day Martin,

1. START by aligning EVERYTHING left.

2. On each line of your list follow (say) 'Street Address' with a TAB, then
type 'Telephone Number',
and so-on.

3. Select the entire list and insert a 'Right Tab' near the RH margin.

4. When you have got the idea you may put the Right Tab in on the first
line - every time you press
Enter, the next line will inherit it.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to create a fax cover sheet in Word 2002 so that it has the
following format, but without success so far.

Center, Bold and Underline--- Company Name

Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Postal Code --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Country --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
Domain --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
E-Mail Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number

Is there a way to Align Right without causing that which has been Aligned
Left to move, even one space, to the right?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It might be simpler to use a table?

Martin wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to create a fax cover sheet in Word 2002 so that it has the
following format, but without success so far.

Center, Bold and Underline--- Company Name

Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number Street Address --- Align Left Align Right ---
Telephone Number Postal Code --- Align Left Align Right
--- Telephone Number Country --- Align Left Align
Right --- Fax Number Domain --- Align Left
Align Right --- Fax Number E-Mail Address --- Align Left
Align Right --- Fax Number

Is there a way to Align Right without causing that which has been
Aligned Left to move, even one space, to the right?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Personally, I would recommend using a table and set the individual cell
alignments. This will make it easy to use FAX styles in cells for the
various important items so that the fax software will automatically
recognise and send the fax without any further user action.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm trying to create a fax cover sheet in Word 2002 so that it has the
following format, but without success so far.

Center, Bold and Underline--- Company Name

Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Street Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone
Number
Postal Code --- Align Left Align Right --- Telephone Number
Country --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
Domain --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number
E-Mail Address --- Align Left Align Right --- Fax Number

Is there a way to Align Right without causing that which has been Aligned
Left to move, even one space, to the right?

Thanks.

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Martin Martin is offline

Hello,

I want to thank everyone who replied.

After some trial-and-error, I was able to perfectly format my cover sheet
using tables, after which I deleted the borders that resulted.

In light of tabs having been suggested, I will explore that option, time
permitting.

Once again, TY!

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard[_2_] Pat Garard[_2_] is offline

You're welcome.

--
Regards,
Pat Garard